Saturday, October 24, 2009

Journey South Continues


18th Hole Harbor Town

Sunset by Sea Pines

Harbor Town Light House


The Road



My final results at the Maryland Open were a bit of a disappointment however, the way I scored did not reflect how I played. Both rounds I had two very bad holes that cost me but other than that everything was pretty solid. I am very close to putting it all together. I just have to keep my head on straight and stick to my routine over and over again. It seems that when I get out of routine I loose a second of focus and this causes me to make a costly decision. I have to keep telling myself that I have worked very hard and everything will come together.
After the Maryland Open I stayed a night with my friend Casey just outside of Washington d.c. I have forgotten how neat that city is. On my way to her house I drove by the Washington monument and Arlington cemetery. It brought me back to the memories of when my family and I would visit my sister at GWU.
The next morning I awoke and continued my trip towards Hilton Head SC. It was there I stayed with the Triedman's for a day. They live right next the Harbor Town light house in Sea Pines. The view from their living room is absolutely amazing. You can see dolphins swim at least once a day and the sun sets are beautiful.

The following day Doc Triedman and and I played Berkley Hall. It was great to not be cramped in a car all day and back out there working on my game. I drove the ball really well and helped doc with his swing. We had a great time and it was nice seeing an old friend.
I have now settled in St. Petersburg Florida with my friend Joel. I will use this location as a base camp and drive back and forth to my practice rounds. My first practice round is tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing the courses! Now it's time to get some sleep. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment